Re: Air Compressors -- Blast Cabinets

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressors -- Blast Cabinets
From: Ray Bahr <rbahr@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:01:39 -0400
Hi All,

I just finished one which I built after some plans I found on the net. I
could forward the .pdf file to anyone who wants it. It is a syphon version
and I used the various bits and pieces from TIP tools - the whole thing
works well - for the most part. I am using a shop vac I scrounged which
runs the cabinet at a negative pressure. Some thoughts:
    * Get the biggest compressor you can afford
    * Make sure you deal with moisture in the compressed line - I have 25+
feet of pipe set up as a cooling stage on one of my walls to help collect
moisture.
    * Lots of good media choices out there - I just did some rims with
glass bead worked well (lesson learned: clean off brake dust after a day at
the track :-)
    * This stuff is dangerous if you breath it - lots of warnings in the
literature - make sure stuff is well sealed...
Ray Bahr