RE: New building coming soon :-)

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: RE: New building coming soon :-)
From: "Madurski, Ronald M" <ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:08:55 -0400
I'll look into the "pre-cured" sealer.

The cost for steel versus stick built is kind of an apples/oranges thing.
The stick build allows a little more flexibility to the outside of the
building, it also takes longer to construct.  I have plans for a stick built
2 story garage.  Bottom part was 24x36 with 3 bays, one long one across the
back with a 12' ceiling and 2 shorter ones across the front

--||
--||

Kinda like that :-)  The upstairs was about 20x24 with hipped walls. and a
storage area above the high ceiling bay.  The cement pad was going to be
around $3000, and the materials for completing it with no drywall on the
second floor was going to be close to $20K.  I would do almost all of the
construction myself with the help of friends/neighbors/family  when needed.

The cost of the steel building (so far) is

$8400 The building (includes delivery)
$1000 Factory Insulation
$ 900  8x10 rollup
$ 300  Skylights (4)
$1000 Ridge vent
$ 750  12x12 door with opener (used from eBay :-) )

So that's around $12K + a SWAG of $4500 for the slab (I haven't gotten any
estimates back on it yet).   Using the same friends/neighbors/family for
assistance so labor will be minimal cost.  I have a friend with a fork lift
that I can borrow for the initial construction which will be the worst part
(I think).

So I get about 650 sq.ft. more space right off the bat for $6500 less, plus
the 4/12 pitch allows me to put in some second floor storage if I need it.

None of this include electric, gas, plumbing, phone, cable, network, ...
but those costs would have been similar between the 2 configurations anyway.

Ronald M. Madurski
Lockheed Martin Information Technologies
304 625 2269
ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com