Re: slightly OT: hitch ball ?

To: ejrussell@mebtel.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: slightly OT: hitch ball ?
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:48:58 -0500
And I wasn't trying to bust your chops about it.  I haven't seen any sites
that say don't.  And I haven't seen any advice here that says
don't.  Randall says he's run his dry, but he didn't really make a case for
why it's better.  I've run mine dry at times too, more out of convenience
than anything else.  For short runs, nothing terrible happens.  Hey, if you
want a more definitive answer, why don't you go check out the web sites for
Reese, Draw-tite, etc who make hitch equipment.  If they don't have an
answer on their site, they probably have contact information.  Ask them
what they recommend.  Then let us all know.