Re: On the subject of craftsman toolchests...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: On the subject of craftsman toolchests...
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 02:58:35 -0500
Indeed, the black and gold color scheme is a bit pimp-ish looking but mine
is holding up after a couple years of solid use.  I sprung for an extra
pair of swivelable casters (at HD) and it turns on a dime, left all the
gold gee-gaws off as well.  I also did some reconfiguring of the top level
separators - love that grinder.  Lined the drawers with cheap white shelf
liner from Home Depot (in the kitchen dept).

The newer models are powder coated instead of painted and have all drawers
on the base (instead of the small cabinet on the right).

Good deal, highly recommended.

At 12/21/2002 at 21:09, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Steve Hammatt's
keyboard and said:

>I can't speak for you, but I know that I'm quite satisfied with
>the $600US combined upper and lower unit that Costco
>sells.  It's got ball-bearing drawers, etc. and while I don't use
>it too often, it's stayed in great shape.  $/cu.ft. along with
>'good quality' was what I was aiming for.
>Good luck!
>Steve

Cheers!