RE: Window replacement

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Window replacement
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:36:27 -0800
> Yes, I only broke the glass. However, the window is a very old aluminum
> framed single pane deal. I have been wanting to upgrade the single pane
> windows in the garage and this seems like as good of time as any.

Ah, that makes more sense.  You might still want to talk to someone about
custom-made windows, rather than modifying the opening.  Last time I checked
(not with HD), there was only a modest extra charge and wait for custom size
windows.

An abrasive masonry blade in an old/cheap Skil saw will probably work to cut
the tile, if the cut edge won't be exposed when you're done.  However, I've
never tried it.  The dust will be very abrasive though, I wouldn't use a
good saw, and even a cheap one probably merits internal cleaning afterwards.

Randall