Re: Impact Wrenches

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Impact Wrenches
From: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:26:49 -0700
    List, I have been lurking on this list for a couple of years. I send a
e-mail
about once a year. Only because I did quite a lot of R & D for a air tool Co.
back in the 70's am I sending one now. Air is the key to more power. You can
take
just about any air tool and make it more powerful by just taking it apart and
enlarging and smoothing ( porting and polishing ) the air ways inside the tool.
It is no trick to make any 1/2 impact wrench have 400 ft.# but BEWARE the anvils
on the cheap impact guns will shatter like a hand grenade when you hammer on
them
long enough. We did our testing inside a block room on a machine made in Sweden.
If you could have seen the big marks in the walls when these things come apart
you would know what I mean. Sorry to take so long but be careful and don't
hammer
on a fastener for a long time.    Doug