Re: Impact Wrenches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Impact Wrenches
From: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:16:14 -0700
Hey guys,

I got one of these 3/4" impact wrenches a while back - what a pain - I found
that
I had to go to large ID fittings and even then it barely gives you more torque
than
"lord vader" (IR2131) on a hose of "normal" diameter (It was pretty impressive
on a chunk of "big" hose with mondo fittings though...)

- If you really want a cheap 3/4" I'll be glad to sell you mine cheap - almost
no run time and
nice sears blow molded case - after I got the 2131 I haven't used it....
(seriously!)

You might do better with a 3/4" if you buy one by a good manufacturer (IR,
etc.,) - these
seem to require much less air than the ones crafted with pride by chinese
prisoners...

Good Luck,

rkg
(Richard George)