RE: compressors at the track

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: compressors at the track
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:03:02 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Dave & Marianne Lyons wrote:
> Most of the folks I know have the same bottle for over a year.
> The feature is that, when demand is very high (e.g. impact wrenches),
> you can get the volume you need without having to wait for a compressor to
> cycle.
>
> Also, then you have (dry) nitrogen for your tires (some people claim this
> makes a big difference).
>
> So, head over to the local AIRCO or other welding supply place and ask about
> rates.  When the bottle is empty, you bring it back to get it filled up.
> Your cost is in the tools and the regulator.

That's doable, but I still need to know how long the bottle will last...

For instance, let's say I go to nationals and manage to break something
reasonably major at the Pro... Will a nitrogen bottle run air impacts &
ratchets & blow guns for say 3 hours of usage (obviously the 3 hours would
be spread out over a few days...)?

Mark