Re: Trailer jockey

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer jockey
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:43:51 -0400
Quoting Wayne <w.farrington@verizon.net>:

> So, I was wondering if there was some sort of "trailer jockey" unit that
> would allow easier positioning of said trailers...

Here is an idea, not exactly a trailer jockey nor a beater vehicle but...

Consider adding a receiver/hitch to the *front* of your truck. Although it
seems odd at first glance, it makes hitching & maneuvering the trailers much
easier. Obviously you do not need any connections for lights.

I used this when I towed a boat trailer behind a VW van (yes, small boat...).
It was a snap to drive into the launch area, unhitch the trailer, turn the van
around and hook onto a hitch on the front. It got a few chuckles as I then
pushed the trailer around the S-curves to get to the launch area but after
folks saw how easy it was, they agreed it was a good idea.

Eric