Re: Trailer jockey

To: Wayne <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Trailer jockey
From: Andy Poling <andy@realbig.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:55:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Wayne wrote:
> So, I was wondering if there was some sort of "trailer jockey" unit that would
> allow easier positioning of said trailers. I thought about maybe just getting
> another short wheelbase beater vehicle for this purpose but would rather not
> take up yet more parking space for something that was going to be used 2 or 3
> times a month.

I've seen 110v-powered and 12v-powered trailer dollies in catalogs that do
exactly that.  They have a t-bar type handle, two driven wheels, a ballmount
on top, and they're specifically of jockeying trailers around.  They cam in
different sizes according to the trailer size you're gonna want to move (up
to pretty big boat).

Hit Google with "electric trailer dolly".

-Andy

PS - For one example, check out http://www.powerwheel-usa.com

72 Pantera - Rocky              91 Miata - Steve               84 RZ350 - Sting