Re: Trailer jockey

To: Wayne <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Trailer jockey
From: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:46:43 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Wayne wrote:

<snip>
> Obviously this unit would have to take the tongue loads which are about ~700
> lbs. if I recall correctly. I suspect the car trailer actually has a higher
> tongue weight then the travel trailer. What with all the wheels and tires I
> have in the tire rack. Possibly using a large swivel caster on the bottom of
> the tongue jacks would help relieve some of this weight?
>
> Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there for your ideas.

        Not sure what to call it, but my father has one of these things.   It is
smaller than a lawn mower and is basically a big pneumatic wheel with a
trailer ball on top.  Uses an electric motor and alot of gear reduction to
move.  It is very small for storage.  He used to use it to move
around a 22ft camping trailer.

        If I can find a picture I'll post it.

                Tim

Tim Hoerning  /  hoerni@cooper.edu
'91 Honda VFR 750, '84 Honda VT500 Ascot, '73 Honda CB350G Super Sport
'87 Chevy El Camino,  '90 Plymouth Laser