Re: welder & glasses

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: welder & glasses
From: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:06:52 -0700
"John T. Blair" wrote:

> While we are on the subject of welding, helmits, and the
> autodarkening lenses, I have a question.
>
> I wear bifocals.  But when I weld, if I have my glasses on,
> I can't see a thing, as I'm looking through the wrong lens.

For the normal hoods, there are inserts available where you can use a standard
OTC one that approximates your reading prescription or you can use the custom
lens holder where you can have your actual reading prescription mounted.

In my former life as a manufacturing optician, I made a lot of these.  Available
also for scuba divers!

Paul A