Re: Shop Rags

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shop Rags
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:59:21 -0500
I too have gone to paper towels and "throw-away" rags but I will carefully
mention that you shouldn't be too concerned about "oily rag spontaneous
combustion" where mineral oils are concerned . . . I mentioned to our local fire
marshall that we kept our soiled  red rags in the same wooden nail keg for 20
years at my dealership  . . without incident.  He confirmed that it was NOT
mineral oil that has the problem but certain organic oils, and he mentioned
linseed oil . . .check it out with someone you trust.
Tony