Re: Under the hood temperature

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Under the hood temperature
From: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:43:05 -0400
Hello Bill,

Monday, June 03, 2002, 10:49:11 PM, you wrote:

There have been several questions why?  This is what is happening.
When the temperature outside is > than 75F I have the following
problems:

         1.  When the car is idling at a traffic light after about 1.5
         to 2 minutes it starts to run rough, stumble and miss.  This
         continues while I pull away for about 1 minute at speed when
         everything goes back to normal.

         2.  If I shut off the car and try to restart it in about 5
         minutes I have the same problem as in 1.

While this might not be "vapor lock", (correct if I am using the term
incorrectly) it is heat related.  I have not had this problem all
spring when it was cooler.

I am going to insulate the fuel lines tomorrow, I really can't move
them any further from the exhaust manifold.  I would like to see what
the under hood temperature is and when the problems start.

I am going to go with the radio shack thermocouple and a DMM.  My
meter does not do temperatures, but I can just read the voltage and
convert.  Simple, easy and cheap.  I will let the list know what I
find.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net