RE: Blast cabinets

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Blast cabinets
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:20:12 -0700
The ones I'm familiar with actually forced the air through the oil, with
essentially a large vertical separator afterwards to remove most of the oil
droplets.

I found a diagram at
http://www.tpub.com/engine3/en32-4.htm
(scroll to the bottom).  It does not show the oil level clearly, but it
would be above the level of the intake tube that runs down the center.  The
air bubbles through the oil, then enters the outer section, packed with wire
mesh, where the oil separates and runs back down.  Any small amount of oil
that gets carried out just acts as top cylinder lube ...

Randall