RE: Blast cabinets

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Blast cabinets
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:22:37 -0700
Scott :

I'm not sure what else to tell you ... the inlet pipe extends down into the
water, while the outlet 'sucks' on the air above the water.  When enough
vacuum is drawn, the inlet air is sucked out of the inlet pipe, and bubbles
through the water on it's way to the surface, where it's drawn out by the
vacuum.

FWIW automotive air filters once worked on this principle, some heavy
machinery filters still do.  They use oil instead of water though.

Randall