Re: Posts-Like big sticks in the yard

To: "Bruce Wolfe" <wolfe@cisco.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Posts-Like big sticks in the yard
From: "John Viviani" <geeno@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:00:28 -0400
This is about the technique I used. If anyone is interested I dug out the
soil around each post down to about 4 inches (these must of been installed
by professionals down 18 inches, not half-asterisked like many of the
improvements around here). Drilled a hole threaded a 2/8 eye screw with a
loop that was factory installed on the eye, then I attached my engine hoist
set at 2 tons and lifted, pulled the screw a few times, and one hole just
attached the Jeep and ripped the thing out. But overall went well.
Explosions would have been more fun.

Gino
03 Mini Cooper S(July Delivery)-01 Dodge Ram Sherrod Conversion Van-96
Miata(for sale)-95 Wrangler-79 LiL Red Truck(for sale)-62 Chrysler Newport
(19K org miles)