Re: building a shop

To: epetrevich@relavis.com, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: building a shop
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:47:01 GMT
>Tell me about it.  My current place has a 30'x200',  2 floor chicken coop.

>Besides being in major disrepair, the smell of "chickens past" is still
>pretty clear!
>
>(FWIW, it's made of old "rough cut" lumber (from about the 30's).  I'm
>giving the lumber away to anyone who wants it.  I hope to get around to
>measuring up the inventory of lumber soon.  (and dimensions)

You mean you are tearing it down?  Wait a minute.  If you knock out the second
floor  (i'd guess that the downstairs ceiling height is not that great.  Then
power-wash the concrete floor (if it has a dirt floor, never mind, tear it
down).
 Then the insulation of the walls and the ceiling begins.  This will include
a serious vapor (and not coincidentally, smell) barrier.

Just thinking out loud.  I have not seen your building.

Phil Ethier

///