Re: moving "portable" building

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: moving "portable" building
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:24:28 -0500
rex...

maybe this didn't come thru on my last message

I moved one (same size) that was in the corner of the yard with a building
behind it, a fence at one end and a tree on the other side.  Next door
neighbor has a bobcat..  we used 2x6" rectangular tubing approx 10' long to
make fork extensions. The extensions only need to be long enough to reach
the last 4x4.  Jacked up one end... slid the extended forks under it and
gently raised it up.. just enough to clear the ground.  Bobcat made the
maneuvering easy... swung it around and moved to another location 50'
away..... set it down, leveled it up... done in 30 minutes.

john

///