Floor paints

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Floor paints
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:24:25 -0700
   I am doing some construction in 3 weeks to raise the roof slightly so my
cars don't hit the damn thing again when they are on the lift.  Took a few
years but I finally got a crinkle from not paying attention.  So...

   While the garage is empty, I am going to paint the floor.  Griots Garage
has a floor paint that they claim will not lift  (
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_3000&L2=L2_3080 )  cost to do
my garage, about $220.  This is paint but it is supposed to be good stuff,
a friend of mine did his garage with it and it looked really good for about
6 years, its now getting scratched and torn up and lifted in only one very
small place that he thinks he didn't prep correctly.  Also the $220 does
not cover the cost of acid prep, tools and other things that should drive
up the cost to $300 or so.

   For $447.50 I can have epoxy from a place in Hemmings motor news, no web
address sorry.  It is called Muscle Gloss and it is a epoxy that they claim
will last.  That cost includes the acid prep, brushes, rollers, squeegee,
they say everything needed.  Including a mid-step to seal the oil spots
that acid may not clean up completely.  She said it is easy to do.

   Basically I think the Griots is going to cost me almost the same, which
would you do ? any other suggestions ?  What I am trying to do is make the
shop look a little better and also (most important?) reflect light back
under the cars when they are on the lift, it gets dark under there.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/