Re: Oil Pumps

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pumps
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:22:51 -0400
epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:

> Tony writes...
> >Act-chew-ly . . . you can make an oil suction device out of an old
> >plunger-type tire pump in about 30 minutes . . . donno why I don't do that
> '>stead of griping!
>
> I see these "oil pumps" all the time.  My thoughts have always been that
> while you may get *most* of the oil, the stuff you miss with these pumps
> would most likely contain the MOST sludge.

  Possibly, but it's not like draining through the drain hole
really works either. On a lot of cars it's visibly not
even located at quite the bottom of the pan, maybe it's
only 5mm above the true bottom when the car is level,
but you can bet that's where all the crap goes.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca

///