re: Oil Pumps

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <sdillen@telus.net>
Subject: re: Oil Pumps
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:49:34 -0400
<sdillen@telus.net> wrote:

><...>
> You are right. . .however this is the front dif with independent front
>suspension.
> <...>

Dang...   I haven't changed the oil in my Ranger's diffs yet (the transfer case
was
hard enough - had to find the drain under a "balancer" that had to be removed).
I need to check, I just might start looking for one of them "pumps".   8-)

> Tim -- you are correct for the rear dif and probably most other reasonable
> front axles.  Most often you just pull the cover and let the oil drop.  Takes
> l of 15 minutes. . .

I even had one that had the lowest cover bolt "drilled thru".  You just removed
it, and the oil could drain.  Found that one out unexpectedly while planning
on removing the entire cover...

Tim Mullen

///