Re: Nut and bolt storage

To: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Nut and bolt storage
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:28:39 -0800
>For me (British cars, motorcycles and general shop use), this kit
>has been perfect. Whenever I need a nut, bolt or washer, it is a
>treat to be able to pull out the case and grab a clean, high
>quality item out of that case -- it is well organized, clearly
>marked, quick and convenient.  McMaster also sells nuts, bolts,
>washers of specific sizes in reasonable lots to replenish the
>trays once you have used them.

   Does McMaster sell BSF nuts/bolts too ?  I am afraid that I deal with
LBCs that are probably a little older than yours since that is all my car
has on it.  That is why I went with the Harbor Freight bins alone, so I
could fill them with BSF stuff not SAE or Metric.  I have not had a problem
with sagging on my bins after I welded up my brackets, I think it is not
the bin that sags, its the flimsy piece of plastic that comes with the bins
as a hanger.  I agree about stacking them too, its awful.  And dust has not
been a problem for me in my shop so I can't comment on that.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/