Re: Nut and bolt storage

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>,
Subject: Re: Nut and bolt storage
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:19:29 -0800
At 10:36 AM 2/6/01 -0500, William M. Gilroy wrote:

>Currently I store my boxes of nuts and bolts in one of the drawers
>of my toolbox.  It makes is a pain to find the correct item, then
>I have to open the box, get the pieces and then put it all back.  I
>figure there has to be a better way.  I was looking at the "Northern

   I am using the same system and it works wonderfully.  I bought my 40
bins from Harbor Freight for  $7.99 last summer, of course that was just
the bins no bolts/nuts like the one at Northern.  The hangers were however
flimsy little plastic pieces that fell apart as soon as you put in more
then 3 bolts or 5 nuts.  I had some scrap flat steel in the garage and
welded up and a nice rack for them to hang one, the system works
wonderfully.  I have a couple of bins for rusty bolts/nuts that still need
to be cleaned and the rest are for either new or cleaned up bolts/nuts.  It
does require wall space but the time saving in always being able to find
the right size and not having to hunt it down in a box is worth the wall
space (assuming you get in the habit of putting the stuff in the bins first).

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/