100- or 200-amp service for shop?

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100- or 200-amp service for shop?
From: Lee Daniels <daniels@tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:59:31 -0600
This question is from a friend... I wish it were from me!  He just built
a 60x40 shop (professionally-installed insulated metal building) and is
getting ready to bring the power in from the pole.  The utility company
asked whether he wanted 100- or 200-amp service (I assume that this is
at 220V).  He doesn't use heavy equipment --- he mostly does restoration
work on antique furniture.  What's the scoop?

thanks -Lee

   Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
   daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
   http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191

///
///