RE: Lincoln Floor Jacks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lincoln Floor Jacks
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:07:26 -0500
Air tools are funny beasts.  I have gone through several 3/8" ratchets until
this last one which has now gone for almost 3 years.  The others lasted
about 1 year, all CH (Campbell Hausfeld).  I had one 1/2" Impact that lasted
about 6 months (replaced under warranty) and the replacement has gone for 2
years since.  The CP that came with the compressor lasted about 2 years but
it was already used when I got it.

I have some cheap vice grips and some "real ones".  I just use the ones that
will do the job.  The cheap ones can be fixed if you're willing to spend the
time on them.

Ron Madurski
III/FBI Senior Systems Administrator
304 625 2269