Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:32:36 -0500
At 09:53 AM 12/6/00 -0800, Tim Mullen wrote:

>> Now my only problem is how to justify the ~$550 for the 2161, IR's 3/4"
>> behemoth, rated at 1400ft-lbs. :)  So what if I would use it maybe twice
>> a year...
>
>I would have paid that much for one (but my wife wouldn't let me) last year
>when I was trying to get the crank bolt off my Honda.....

Tim,

   I've had that problem on my Honda, a Chrysler, and several others.  For
some reason the crank bolts seem to be the worst.  I've read several times
on many lists about using a tommy bar and socket and letting the starter
do the job.  Well, when neigher of my impact wrenches would budge a crank
bolt, i finally tried it in desperation.  It WORKED like a charm.!!!

  For those times when you're NOT doing the crank bolt and need a lot more
umph, I agree that renting one is probably the best way to go.  I for one,
can use that much money in several other areas.

John

v - the tool man - Mullen

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org