Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 05:47:06 -0800
>>> "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net> 12/6/2000 5:32:36 PM >>>
>
>>  <...>
>>when I was trying to get the crank bolt off my Honda.....
> <...>
> on many lists about using a tommy bar and socket and letting the starter
> do the job.  Well, when neither of my impact wrenches would budge a crank
> bolt, I finally tried it in desperation.  It WORKED like a charm.!!!

John,

I had that suggestion from several people at the time.  The problem was that
the Accord engine turns "backwards", and it would have only tightened (actually
I don't think that would have been possible) the bolt.  Otherwise I would have
tried it.

But I do have that idea filed away for other cases...

Thanks,

Tim Mullen