Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lincoln Floor Jacks
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 21:37:28 -0500
It's the cheesy, no longer made in america jack.  that's why it's 199
instead of 299.   I bought a Norma jack.  made in china but with japanese
seals.  $125 or so.  has been very nice to use.  Only mod has been to weld
a square tube to the top of the "cheater bar extension" but I've done that
to ever floor jack I've ever owned.  Also got the floor jack stands and
they've done well.  Welded a plate for the flat bottom effect.....

At 13:39 12/2/2000,  Brandon Dixon was inspired to say:

>I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and noticed that they have a Lincoln floor jack
>that looks exactly like the W93642 Lincoln jack that is the industry
>standard.
>This one has a part # G9715 and was $199.  I got the jack as an early x-mas
>present
>(thanks to a supportive wife).  I noticed a few problems when I tried to use
>it for
>the first time.  The release valve was not as "smooth" as I would have
>liked.  It wasn't
>"all or nothing", but sometimes I couldn't tell if it was all the way
>closed, or opening
>the release valve was jerky...Also it's made in Taiwan.
>
>What experience do others have with this jack?  Is this like the one at "Pep
>boys" or other
>stores?  Would the Made in the USA behave exactly the same way?
>
>Thanks for any info
>
>Brandon Dixon

Cheers!