RE: Flow Bench & Supercharger

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Flow Bench & Supercharger
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:54:37 -0800
I must still be missing something.  The Superflow 1020 is rated for 65" of
water at 165 cfm.  My calculator says that's less than 2.5 psi.  According to
Eaton's charts, a model 112 blower will produce almost 200 cfm at 2.5 psi on a
little more than 3 hp.

I guess the problem must be that 1000cfm that Superflow talks about.

BTW Keith, you forgot to account for phase angle and motor efficiency.  75A @
220v is more like an honest 15hp output.

Randall