Re: Funny things about tables.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funny things about tables.
From: "Richard Boyce" <rboyce90@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:30:25 MST
Building welding tables can be done several ways. First all legs should have
an adjustment so that the table may be adjusted to uneven floors.This can
easily be done by weldind a nut to the table leg and threading a bolt into
the nut. Instant adjustability.
Getting a level metal top is another problem. Most thinner plate 1/4 in. or
so is not flat.. It usually has a bow to it. Thicker plate, like 1/2 or 3/4
can be used but it gets expensive in a hurry. Areasonable alternative is to
cover a 3/4 in plywood or mdf table top with 1/4" plate. The wood
underlayment creates a very level surface to which to attach the plate. This
will give a table that is both useful as a welding table and an excellent
shop table. Many other alternatives exist, if any are interested I will
elaborate.