RE: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless
From: John Miller <johnm@ims.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:33:32 -0700 (PDT)
I was at my daughters middle school last year for an open house.
Her foreign language class was taught in a wonderful metal shop.
Welding booths, work benches, and a variety of great equipment
just sitting around, but no shop class had been taught in years.
It seems in order to add computer instruction and various awareness
classes that teaching the trades has become passe.

John Miller