RE: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless

To: shook@usc.edu
Subject: RE: Welding vs. Brazing was "Welding" stainless
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:24:18 -0500
Well, the extra bead may act as a reinforcement by itself. Otherwise, a
strip of stainless may be taken from either an old fender or from the bottom
of that fender.

Remember, it cracked in the first place because of too much localized
stress. Fixing the crack only fixes the symptoms, not the problem.

Maybe rubber washers under the bolts would help...

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX

P.S. Enroll in the program, there is no substitute for direct training from
an expert. That's why we have teachers and professors...