Re: Smoke alarms

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>,
Subject: Re: Smoke alarms
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:04:48 -0700
Yah, it's pretty trivial.  Get a 9v 'wall wart' DC power supply at Radio
Shaft, run the DC to all the smoke detectors.

To get fancy, buy a 'smart' 12v battery charger, connect to a 12v
battery, run that to all the detectors.  Now you've got battery backup
(assuming the alarm system will work without AC).

Most commercial fire alarms already have all this built-in, I don't know
about the multiple-sensor home units.

Randall - not an EE, but close