Re: Hardwood Shop Floors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardwood Shop Floors
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 23:24:00 -0500

-> was an old, old building and the entire shop and showroom had wooden
-> floors . . . Our local fire marshall or insurance agent would have a
-> heart attack

 The (US) national fire code recommendations cover wooden construction.
Basically, if the wood is thick enough, it's not considered a fire
hazard.  "Thick enough" depends on the location of the wood and what's
behind it; I suspect anything thick enough to be a solid floor would not
be a major problem.

 As usual, it depends on the insurance company you're dealing with and
the fire inspectors in your area.