Re: Hardwood Shop Floors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardwood Shop Floors
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 23:55:55 -0400
My father-in-law was in charge of the concrete floor at a Wal-Mart a year
back or so.    Concrete slab, finished smooth.  Then, an army of Mexicans
(didn't even speak English - kinda funny when wal-Mart makes a big deal
about Made in the USA.  Anyways, I digress....) came and laid linoleum
tiles over the entire slab in a couple days.  It then gets waxed - just
like the janitor did back in high school....

At 16:55 6/2/2000,  JGN was inspired to say:

>It's an epoxy coating and it is NOT cheap.  Many firms specialize in
>applying it; check your yellow pages.
>
>John
>
>On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Elton Clark wrote:
>

> > Does anyone know what the clear sealer is that I see on the concrete floors
> > at places like Sam's or Walmart?  It must be Gawd-awful tough and
> reasonably
> > cheap for Sam's to use it!
> > I have to paint my shop floor it's so stained and dinged up.  I'd love a
> > $10,000 NASCAR garage type epoxy floor but in my "real world", I just
> > "Bondo" the dings and roll on another coat of  $20 per gallon floor paint
> > every year or two.
> > Tony

Cheers!