Hydraulic press

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hydraulic press
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:21:29 -0400
I am thinking about getting a hydraulic press for such things
as pressing wheel bearing races in and out of hubs
and pressing the bearings on and off of the third motion
shaft of a gearbox.  How big a press do I need for that sort
of thing and can I get by with one from a place like
Harbor Freight or should I look at a more expensive one?

This is not something I would use more than once every
month or so, but, at the same time, I need something which
will do the job properly when I need it.

Any recommendations on specific models would be appreciated.

thanks,
Peter Schauss
Long Island, NY
1963 BJ7