RE: Hydraulic press

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hydraulic press
From: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:29:12 -0400
I have one of the Harbor Freight 20 ton presses. It
does everything I need, but as a few replies have
stated, sometimes the table needs to be a bit
wider. I've put sockets and scrap metal to use in
conjunction with the press plates, and bearing
removers to get things apart. I've also scared
myself silly when bearings let go with a "BANG!" That's
when you wish for the really fine hydraulic adjustment
on the press. I haven't bent the table yet though.  :p

Brian
brian.lynfatt@eds.com