Re: The Rodent Report......

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Rodent Report......
From: JackiHarry@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:20:54 EST
>Ralph, List,

>  I know this is the shop-talk list, so I'm gonna talk shop cats.  Best
>mousers I've ever known were female calico cats.

The several calico (tortie w/ white) cats I have had have amazing reflexes,
stiletto like claws, and very strong hunting instincts.  On of them caught a
fly out of the air.

<snip>

>  All I've got now are three good-for-nothin big tom cats and one old female
>cat... but no mice.

>Chuck Rothfuss
>Pole Cat Hollow, NC

No mice here, anymore. (two male & 1 female cat(s) make sure of that!)  Scott
M Ryan

PS: I think the predator smell probably does work; at our old house (in the
middle of winter), Liz saw a mouse run up to the house, sniff at it
(door/back wall area) and turn around and run away.  Two (stupid) mice (over
10 years) did't pay attention to the feline presence and became kitty
toys/snacks. (my grandmother appears to have had a mouse problem; they had
DeCon(TM) all over the place).