Re: The Rodent Report......

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Rodent Report......
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:45:58 -0500
Eric,

  Your acorn toting critter is most likely a squirrel or chipmunk.  I got a
free Mazda RX7 out of the Western North Carolina woods last summer and when
I opened the air cleaner housing it was PACKED FULL of acorns.  I finally
got the car fired up, and after it warmed up it had a strange smell.  I
couldn't quite make this smell out til I started reving the engine and
watched as flaming acorn shells shot out of the exhaust.
  You may be able to live trap the rascal if you make the trap look like a
nice dark place to hide acorns.  Then you could feed him and fatten him up.
Squirrels taste good enough that you might want to modify your menu.  In
fact, squirrel tastes so good that even squirrels like squirrel meat.
That's why you often see a whole bunch of them run over in the same place.
The others are out there in the road dining on their kins carcass and don't
notice that there's cars moving through their dining room.

Chuck "omnivore" Rothfuss
Pole Cat Hollow, NC