Re: The Rodent Report......

To: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Subject: Re: The Rodent Report......
From: Ralph Cordell <rcordell@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:06:16 -0500
I sort of agree with Keith.  For what its worth, I have bachelors and masters
degrees in zoology and a PhD in Public Health.  If God is a rodent or has any
fondness whatsoever for rodents then I am in deep doodoo as I have sent
literally thousands home to meet their maker.  Most in labs (about 300 a week
for 2 years), the rest at home or in the field.  There, I've  trapped em, shot
em, poisoned em, bombed em and generally tried to make life hell for them for
almost 50 years.

I trust that satisfies the "familiarity with rodents" criteria.

I suppose I am fairly affluent now but once lived off the land and ate frogs,
cattails, groundhogs, squirrels and persimmons.  I had a major mouse problem in
the place I was renting - I got a CAT.
I hate cats have also sent several of them to the great beyond.

In my humble opinion, the best advice I can give is to get a cat like the folks
have been saying.  The latter comments especially about one from a family of
hunters and how to keep them happy and hanging around.

You can fool around with chemicals but anything that is going to make it
sufficiently unpleasant for a mouse will make it equally unpleasant for you.
Feel free to try whatever you want - if you get something that works - get back
to us and tell us about it.

Ralph Cordell