Re: The Rodent Report......

To: "Gerald J. Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: The Rodent Report......
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:10:03 -0500
"Gerald J. Brazil" wrote:

> A few weeks ago I asked this group for ideas to discourage rodents from
> taking up residence in my rusty red pickup truck when I store it for 6
> months or so at our Little House on the Prairie. Well, it may be a testimony
> to the general affluence of the group and their lack of familiarity with
> rodents, but I didn't really get much.

Two solutions I can think are a bunch of rodent baiters and lots of rodent
bait.  Not sure how much would be required for 6 months.

You could also try contacting a local college and see what they have to say.
Since I live close to Rutgers, I would try their ag. extension and see if I
could find a rat/mouse guy.  They are very helpful with identifying bugs,
plants, and plant problems.  But it does take some time to find out who is
the right person.  If that does not work maybe we can rube up some type
of McGuyver (sp?) device that is an infer red sensor with a flame throw.
Just remember to disarm it when you enter the barn.  Good luck.

Bill Gilroy
E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com

PS.  The college should be a big one.