Re: shop lift recommendations?

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: shop lift recommendations?
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:47:01 -0500
Mike:

I checked my Eagle (Cytech) lift this morning, and it's clear that the
left (non-ram side) ramp could be easily moved inward.  The cables
connect to the end beams, so are not affected.  Moving the right side
ramp would change the effective cable length.  I suspect moving it to
far would affect overall stability, particularly if you planned to move
it around on casters.

I'll tell you, though, if the Cytech is really what my Eagle lift is, I
would be surprised if it's too wide for your cars.  What will you be
putting on it?  My bugeye and my '69 Sprite make it on with some room on
the inside of the ramps to spare; haven't dropped one off yet.  Note
that mine is a few years old, rated at 6000#, not the current 7000#, and
sold in 1995 for about $3000.

I met a guy a few years back who constructed a portion of his attached
garage with cantilevered framework over the lift instead of joists so
that the top of the car can go up past the ceiling.  Of course, I saw
this shortly after I finished building my new garage, so...

Check out the latest Harbor Freight catalog.  They show a 4-post lift
for 2599 including shipping.  Made by Bend-Pak, their item  38091-0VGA
on their web site.