Re: shop lift recommendations?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop lift recommendations?
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:37:48 -0800
At 11:18 PM 1/26/00 -0500, Peter Schauss wrote:

>My Cytech lift  is 37" between ramps.  If I get my Healey
>perfectly centered on the ramps, which I rarely do, I have

   Good point ! My wife has allowed a 4 post lift to be included in this
years budget and I expect to get one in a few months, hopefully order it
late March/early April.  I had not looked at distance between ramps, I had
just assumed I could drill a few new holes and move the ramps
closer.  Can't I do that ?   It appears that the ramps are just bolted to
the cross bars and could be moved easily with a few  new holes.  All my old
Brit cars are very narrow,   42" track with 5.25 tires has to give me a
inside track of around 38" +/- ( I have not measured the inside width
)  That would be TIGHT on a 37" Cytech lift and I know that Backyard Buddy
is wider, I am still waiting for the spec on Garage Supplies lift (BendPack).

  I would rather not get something custom built since that makes it hard to
resell ( I hope to _never_ sell it anyway ) and I also have a truck and my
wifes Honda that would be nice to have on the thing.  Undoing a few bolts
once or twice a year to get allow the big cars on is acceptable to
me.   Custom building might exclude the larger cars.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/