Re: Shop security

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop security
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 02:12:43 -0500 (EST)
I used to have a boa constrictor--I doubt most people could distinguish it
from a venomous snake at at glance, even if they knew it wasn't venomous,
and especially if they're in a hurry/keyed up anyway.  give it a
stick/pole (like a closet pole) and it'll 'hang out' all day, especially
if you get a emerald boa.  the red-tails sometimes prefer the ground, so
give it an elevated platform.  completely harmless to humans, especially
if smaller (under 4 feet or so), so long as you keep it fed and don't
try and use it as a necktie.  the teeth hurt, but they're not fangs.  I
doubt a burglar would hang around to find out; it used to freak out my
friends behind plate glass.  I'd be willing to bet the local reptile store
has a zero break-in rate out of the sheer 'freak out' factor.

just a thought

scott