Shop security

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop security
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:49:00 -0500

-> door on the outside.  Since there is no phone,  I have it wired to a
-> really loud siren on the top of the roof. Also have a strobe light at
-> the front edge of the roof. I feel pretty secure with this setup, and
-> I probably will add to it. Any suggestions?

 Sounds good.

 Stealthing helps too.  My fence restricts the view into the shop when
the doors are open.  I keep stuff in boxes and cabinets so no exotic
parts are tools are open to view.  The stereo is behind the door and
can't be seen unless you're actually inside the shop.  The lack of
windows and external door hardware also reduces points of attraction to
potential thieves.

 Eventually I'll have cabinet doors on all my shelves and benches.
Besides keeping stuff out of view, it keeps grinder dust and stuff out
of the shelves.

I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?
=================================== http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm