RE: The Ideal Shop HELP

To: "'Richard George'" <rkg@teleport.com>, Duncan120@aol.com,
Subject: RE: The Ideal Shop HELP
From: Robert Bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 00:00:16 -0500

> Second, how heavy duty are the supports for the second story
> of your shop - can
> you put your "heavy" tools up there?

Problem with this is vibration, which can toss the accuracy off.
As a testimony to necessity being the mother of innovation
example, however, see BMW's factory in Munich, where they
managed to put 100 ton presses (i.e. for stamping out body panels)
on the 2nd floor. Unheard of in Industry.

> Sixth, Don't forget about lighting - basically you can't get

Add some incandescents to get colour right too.

> Good Luck,
>
> rkg
> (Richard George)
> Still looking for a fire station to buy (can you say giant
> kitchen for the wife and giant shop for the hubby?...)

We have one here in Troy for sale. Not iin one of the towns
better neighborhoods though.

Personally, I'm waiting for an old brick Victorian close to the
RPI campus to go up for sale...Has been around for a Good Long
Time, and is used to store old academic records....