Re: The Ideal Shop HELP

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Ideal Shop HELP
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 13:44:00 -0500

-> Spoken like a true Californian.  Skylights are bad in Minnesota for
-> several reasons.

 I'm in Arkansas.  It hits 110-115F here in midsummer.  I went for
uninterrupted white roofing on my shop.

 My Dad's shop has several skylights, 2x8' fiberglass panels in his
steel roof.

 Temperature in both shops seems to be about the same, but I bet it's
primarily because the extra reflectivity of his shiny metal roof is
balancing out the heat gain from the skylights.

-> Also,  it's usually dark outside in the winter when I am available to
-> work in the shop.

 It's usually dark outside when I'm in my shop in the summer; it's so
miserably hot sometimes it's not worth it do work during the day.  And
the short days in the winter mean it's often dark when I'm out there
during the "day" hours.