Re: Merry Christmas!!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas!!
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:58:02 -0500
Wrenches too.  ;-(

What I did was take a white paint pen and a black paint pen.  White for the
impact stuff and black for the chromed stuff.

Paint the numbers, you can be sloppy because after letting it sit for a
minute (do the whole rail at once), go back and wipe it with a rag
(dampened with paint thinner or similar) so that you wipe off the excess
but leave paint in the "valley".

Another trick with Craftsman sockets is that the metric sockets have a band
of <damn, what's the word, little hatch marks> around the bottom of the
socket and the SAE are plain.

Oh, and yes, call your insurance agent.  Auto comprehensive will cover
theft but homeowners should cover it regardless.....

At 09:26 AM 12/24/99 ,  Rex Burkheimer was inspired to say:

>price. Better case too.   Biggest problem I have with either of those is
>that the sizes of each socket is stamped so small I can barely read them.

Cheers!