Re: Tool for a loved one

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 09:32:00 -0500

-> I was wondering about this also as well.  my brother has a full set
-> of craftsman tools from about ten years ago.  I have a smaller set
-> from about six years ago.  my brother's ratchets are different from
-> mine.

 Sears don't *make* tools.  They periodically put a contract out for low
bidder.  Quality continues to decline.

 Their power tools are even worse - hardly any two drills or saws are
alike from year to year.  I recently threw away a box full of Craftsman
drills which had no interchangeable parts; replacement parts from Sears
cost about the same as new drills.